- 500 g All Purpose Flour
- 70 g Granulated Sugar
- 100 g Coconut
- 15 g Fresh Yeast (Follow Instructions given below to activate dry granules of yeast)
- 1/2 Lemon Zest
- Lemon Juice (1 complete)
- Baking powder
- 150 g Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 125 g Unsalted Butter
- Granulated Sugar for dressing
- Honey drizzle
- While Activating Yeast: Often in India, the super markets provide the granulated dried yeast samples. To activate the granules, mix the required amount of it with an equivalent amount of sugar and salt and dilute it in water (lukewarm water, do not heat it if it is chilled). The amount of water should just cover the granules, do not add extra. It affects the growth of the bacteria.
- If you are able to kneed it, well and good. Otherwise, prefer using a food processor as it provides greater aeration time. It helps dough making easier with different speeds.
- Prefer making the dough at night, as it requires a lot of time for the dough to rise.
Preparing The Dough
- Mix all the dough ingredients other than butter and kneed them into a fine smooth dough.
- Fold the dough several times in order to aerate it to make it fluffy
- Now add the butter and mix well to make the dough uniform.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl and cover it with cling film and keep it overnight. Prefer to keep it outside the refrigerator because that’s how the yeast will grow and make the dough soft.
- Keep it undisturbed overnight.
- Next morning, take the dough and prepare it with dry flour and make it smooth.
- With the help of a rolling pin, spread the dough evenly and carve out circular shapes.
- Place them on a baking tray and keep them undisturbed to get proved. Keep them for about 4 hours or whatever it takes them to rise.
- Heat the oil for deep frying in the wok.
- Fry the doughnuts for 2 minutes on each side to get a caramelized surface.
- Remove the doughnuts from the wok and place them on an absorbent paper.
- Toss them on castor sugar and leave them aside.
- Use a knife and make passage for the filling of doughnuts
- I used the custard mix for the filling, you can use whatever fillings you desire.
- Pipe in the filling inside the doughnuts and drizzle some honey on top to give it an attractive desire. The honey complements the flavor of custard inside the doughnut as well.
For Further Queries: Drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and i will respond to your queries ASAP! Hope you like it!